img src="http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu308/truthandlove/bloggers600x150.jpg" border="0" alt="Blogging for Truth"
img src="http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu308/truthandlove/bloggers300x150.jpg" border="0" alt="Blogging For Truth"
img src="http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu308/truthandlove/bloggers100x200.jpg" border="0" alt="Blogging For Truth"
"Beginning May 25 through the 31st, 2009 LGBTQ bloggers and all allies are invited to write articles about the truth of our existence and lives. To blog facts and the results of real scientific studies carried out by real scientists.
For over 30 years there have been organizations dedicated to spreading lies and false studies about our lives, our loves and our persons. These same organizations in the United States now seek to remove all rights and privileges afforded us as American Citizens, they ultimately seek to re-criminalize our love and our existence. In other parts of the world our brothers and sisters face prison, torture and even death for being "sexual deviants."
We believe it is time to shine the light on these false witnesses. It is time to end the hate."
Let me know if you wish to participate by leaving your URL/Blog address at the bottom of this post in the comment section, I will then add your link to the blog roll on the left. If you DO NOT HAVE A BLOG, let me know that too, and you can be an author of this blog and post on here.
Here are some of what the Anti-Gay industry says:
- "They're destroying the moral fibre of our country"
- "They want special rights"
- "They need to recruit in order to increase their number"
- "They want to influence children and other people to become homosexual"
- "They are a feature of a decadent society"
- "They are against the family, against family values"
- "The family is the fundamental building block of society"
- "They are responsible for AIDS"
- "None of them really has a faithful relationship."
- "What they do is disgusting."
- "They want to shove their sex lives in our faces."
- And probably the single most hurtful lie: "They are child molesters."
- Gays blamed for the rise of Nazism in Germany. A book, The Pink Swastika: Homosexuality in the Nazi Party, claims that Nazi movement was, at its core, a homosexual movement. Despite the historical record to the contrary, the author Lively blames gays for the rise of Nazism and for the Holocaust itself, and claims that “the connection between homosexualism and fascism is not incidental.”
- Gays blamed for the 1994 Rwandan Genocide. In The Pink Swastika, Lively claims that “homosexuals are responsible for 68% of all mass murders in America.” In Uganda he recently extended that charge by blaming gay men for the 1994 genocide in neighboring Rwanda, which borders Uganda just to the south.
- Parents blamed for their children’s homosexuality. Don Schmierer presented his contradictory list of fourteen “signs that an adolescent may be struggling with gender issues.” But his focus appeared to have been on one suggested cause: it’s the parent’s fault. He reportedly told participants that one of the biggest causes of homosexuality is the lack of “good upbringing” in families. In other words, good parents make straight children; bad parents, gay children.
Below are profiles of a dozen of today's most influential anti-gay groups. Groups designated as hate groups by the Southern Poverty Law Center are marked with an asterisk. The link will take you to the SPLC's descriptions of each.Alliance Defense Fund
American Family Association
Christian Action Network
Concerned Women for America
Coral Ridge Ministries/Center for Reclaiming America
Family Research Council
Family Research Institute*
Focus on the Family
Traditional Values Coalition
Links to other Anti-LGBTQ sites:
American's for truth about homosexuality
Where my title idea came from.....Because "The Peter" AKA Peter LaBarbera, is so eloquent: At AFTAH, we preach Christian mercy and have denounced Talibanesque capital punishment for homosexuals in countries like Iran. But we also believe that if states and localities here in America (and governments abroad) wish to ban sodomy, they have every right to do so — notwithstanding polemical U.S. Supreme Court decisions inventing newfangled “constitutional rights” and influenced by inaccurate homosexual activist amicus briefs.
The Truth Sets You Free
Sites dedicated to the truth: (feel free to make suggestions in the comments of great sites to add)
HRC's END THE LIES WALL
GLSEN 2007 School Climate Report
Equality Federation Links Page
Homophobia The Fear Behind the Hatred
A Letter to Louise
G-A-Y Good As You
National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
Family Equality Council